In preparing for ProMedia.travel Content Solutions' upcoming webinar, 10 Top Travel Management Tactics for 2010, I surveyed registrants as they signed up to find out what trends, tools and technologies they expect will influence their travel management programs most in 2010. My technology limited me to seven choices (including "other"), but here is what I have learned so far from our current 276 registrants. [more]
* Program globalization will affect 43.4 percent of current registrants
* Meetings management will influence 42 percent
* 35 percent of current registrants will be grappling with mobile technology
* Social media will suck time away from 22.8 percent
* 31.8 percent of registrants wanting to save some time are looking at T&E expense automation
* Virtual meetings are on the to-do list of 27.8 percent of our current webinar registrants
What surprises me a little is that, despite all the hype, social media is the least influential trend for our current webinar registrants. It could be that social media is the most difficult trend around which to take strategic action. We'll talk about that and other topics in our webinar on Thursday, January 21 @ 1 p.m. EST. That's 10 a.m. for all of you on the Left Coast, so grab a cup of coffee and join us.
* Kari Kesler, Chief Strategist of KK Strategic Solutions
* Kathy Hall-Zientek, Manager, Travel Services for Moog, Inc.
* Mary Ellen George, General Manager for Advito
* Rene Colyer, Travel Manager for ITT.
Thanks go out to Concur for sponsoring this event and there's still time to sign up if you are interested in attending.
Go to www.promedia.travel/webinars to register for this live webinar or our list of archived events from 2009.